Pathfinder: Roleplaying Game GameMastery Guide (OGL) (HC)
This comprehensive guide to the art of Game Mastering goes beyond the Core Rulebook to offer tips, guidelines, and additional rules destined to take your Pathfinder Roleplaying Game campaign to the next level. Containing the accumulated knowledge and best practices of Paizo´s award-winning creative staff and cadre of regular freelancers, this 320-page hardcover book is filled to bursting with encounter charts, idea lists, encounter design advice, tips for using and adapting published products to your personal campaign, and top-to-bottom guidelines for building a campaign from scratch. With a cover from fan-favorite artist Wayne Reynolds and lavish full-color interior illustrations, the Pathfinder RPG GameMastery Guide is an essential volume for gamers eager to take the next step in their Pathfinder journey.
- The Pathfinder RPG GameMastery Guide includes: Campaign basics such as choosing a tone, getting players together (and working together), and guidelines to establish exciting narrative techniques
- An extensive chapter on handling players and their characters, from balancing a party to handling PC death and new characters to common house rules and solo campaigns
- Tips for creating memorable Non-Player Characters, guidelines for followers, cohorts, sages, and hirelings, and more than 100 stat blocks for common NPCs such as guardsmen, knights, bandits, pirates, villagers, and nobles
- Mountains of advice for handling treasure and rewards, from extensive lists of sample treasures to guidelines for nonstandard rewards like NPC favors, adjudicating wish spells, and making magic items
- Rules and suggestions for world building, including community generation, overviews of different culture and technology paradigms, dealing with terrain, building calendars, and planar considerations
- Advanced GM techniques such as fixing a "broken" game, using accessories, converting content from other systems, using props and handouts, when to "cheat," and how to prep a game from scratch in 15 minutes
- Additional advanced rules including chases, sanity, hauntings, mysteries and investigations, research, weather, diseases, hazards, curses, poisons, traps, and much more
- As many idea-generating and time-saving charts and tables as we can manage to fit between two covers!
- ...and much, much more!