Paris: New Eden features a clever dice-drafting mechanism that allows you to recruit survivors. Over the span of one year, you will endeavor to build your shelter and overcome the array of obstacles that you encounter along the way. The dice allow you to recruit survivors of different types: tinkerers, brawlers, healers, sages, farmers, jacks-of-all-trades, or even useless survivors. At the end of each season, your survivors allow you to bid to improve your shelter. These survivors are recruited in five key areas and central squares of the Paris that we know, each one with different abilities:
- The train station, which lets you grow your community faster
- The restaurant, to collect food to feed your community
- The tower, to choose the goals you can fulfill
- The center, which gives you access to special equipment
- The bridge, to gain access to new missions
Players score points by recruiting survivors and feeding them, by fulfilling objectives from the tower, and by completing secret missions acquired at the bridge. At winter's end, the player who has accumulated the most victory points wins. The future of Paris is in your hands!